Remove the Guaranteed drop rate

Guaranteed Drop  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Remove the 1/350 guaranteed drop on Hard bosses.

• yes, remove it
    • no, do not remove it

The current drop rate ratio is 1/350 for the Hard boss.
Atm, when you reached a total play time of 15 days or  360 hrs, the guaranteed drop will be removed.
would you prefer to get this remove?

Imo, I personally don't mind it being 1/350 instead of 1/200, but instead of removing it, instead you could:

• Remove it from erad bosses
  • Keep 1/350 on the other bosses.

That's because the trio weapons is not really worth more of a grind than 1/350, the only exception of that would be the oh lance as you use that constantly until you get yourself the elite version of it. Obsidian shard on the other hand, was flooded by the end of EradicationX like it was nothing basically. Obsidian shards are still useful and not flooded up to this date. Obsidian set is what you need to get to reach the end game gear, after achieving the shards you will literally only need to afk the gwd to collect the spell power that's needed to enchant it. 

Also I don't really understand this whole thing about the 1/350 thing before 15 days of playtime. You will reward the new players with a drop boost that later on will be stripped away, I assume you were thinking of making the new players pvm obviously. After those 15 days, you want to make them start going for the 10b cape? That cape will not match up to a guaranteed drop. Either you make the players have that all the way through, or not at all. 

So I guess that's some sort of a middle option, hence I will leave my vote blank on this.

PS: I'd also like to see some weapon that can be put in between regular oh rcr and the elite one (just not the flameburst lol)

Edited by ChampagnePapi

I agree with champagnepapi, on the fact it's not a bad idea to keep it at 350 and leave it on some bosses and remove it from others. 

Keep 350 drop ratio: Trio bosses, Seasinger, Corp, Deathlotus, Sunfreet.

Remove drop ratio: Obby king, Necrolord (Completely useless), Gradum (also completely useless), Eradicator, Blink, Fear, Wildywyrm, AOD, STQ, Glacors.

Possibly add it to hairymonkey boss.

All the ideas i have at the moment, if anyone has other opinions feel free to respond and leave them below.

Edited by Xilent
updating information based on new information i recieved

If I understand this correctly the mechanic which guarantees you at least 1 drop every 350 kills would be removed after reaching 15 days of playtime?
If so I don't think this makes a whole lot of sense. As I mentioned on the discord before this would shift the meta to making a new account after those 15 days of playtime. You'd have to get max combat stats on it (which probably won't take too long) and transfer your gear from your main to that new account in order to keep the guaranteed drops.

This would then result in the guaranteed drop mechanic not actually being 'removed' after 15 hours of playtime but people could just make a new account and still make use of that mechanic. Which, as I mentioned, doesn't make any sense to me. I'd say either keep the mechanic for everyone, 15 days of playtime or not, or remove it for everyone.

If this mechanic were to stay in the game I'd just suggest nerfing it. If I understand it correctly an item which has a 1/350 drop rate would get a 1/349 drop rate after one kill, 1/250 after 100 kills without any rare drops etc till you get actually get a rare drop and it resets back to 1/350. Using some basic probability statistics this would mean that the actual drop rate is better than 1/175 which seems quite high to me.

In order to protect the eco from an overflow of items I'd simply propose to remove the entire mechanic. That or just making it scale differently, for example only guaranteeing you a drop every 1000 kills. This would mean that the drop rate after 1 kill would be 1/349.65, after 100 kills without any rare drops it would be 1/315 etc. This would still mean that the average drop rate would be better than 1/350 but at least it wouldn't more than halve it.

Edit; my assumption of how the code works was wrong. Turns out the drop rate does not change linearly but it stays at the original drop rate. The 350 is just the amount of kills you need to go dry before you get a guaranteed drop. This obviously still means that there would be more items coming into the game but at a slower rate than i first assumed. Which leaves me with the same conclusion; that it should be nerfed, but perhaps not as drastically as I mentioned before.

P.S. Is there any particular reason as to why I got banned from the discord earlier for bringing this up? I was just giving some constructive criticism in a polite way.

Edited by Axiz

29 minutes ago, Axiz said:

If I understand this correctly the mechanic which guarantees you at least 1 drop every 350 kills would be removed after reaching 15 days of playtime?
If so I don't think this makes a whole lot of sense. As I mentioned on the discord before this would shift the meta to making a new account after those 15 days of playtime. You'd have to get max combat stats on it (which probably won't take too long) and transfer your gear from your main to that new account in order to keep the guaranteed drops.

This would then result in the guaranteed drop mechanic not actually being 'removed' after 15 hours of playtime but people could just make a new account and still make use of that mechanic. Which, as I mentioned, doesn't make any sense to me. I'd say either keep the mechanic for everyone, 15 days of playtime or not, or remove it for everyone.

If this mechanic were to stay in the game I'd just suggest nerfing it. If I understand it correctly an item which has a 1/350 drop rate would get a 1/349 drop rate after one kill, 1/250 after 100 kills without any rare drops etc till you get actually get a rare drop and it resets back to 1/350. Using some basic probability statistics this would mean that the actual drop rate is better than 1/175 which seems quite high to me.

In order to protect the eco from an overflow of items I'd simply propose to remove the entire mechanic. That or just making it scale differently, for example only guaranteeing you a drop every 1000 kills. This would mean that the drop rate after 1 kill would be 1/349.65, after 100 kills without any rare drops it would be 1/315 etc. This would still mean that the average drop rate would be better than 1/350 but at least it wouldn't more than halve it.

P.S. Is there any particular reason as to why I got banned from the discord earlier for bringing this up? I was just giving some constructive criticism in a polite way.

Wow they banned you for that?

First they rise prices in store (some items cost 33% more now then they did a week ago) 

Now banning for criticism? Regardless of the fact axis has only logged in a few time. Everyone should feel welcome to put in their opinion when it comes to updates/new content 

This is really shady behaviour and not at all what I exicted when I desided to get back into the rsps community. 

Truly disappointed.

I hope the owners don't think they are better then everyone else because of their title. If it wasn't for this community you wouldn't have that title. 

This shouldn’t even be polled. You value community input far too much, majority/most of the opinions will be biased towards personal gain, not for the health of the server.

- Sadie